Covid-19 Staying healthy during your future stay with us [2021 update]
Private Transfer Service provided [additional cost] directly to the nearest drop off point to the Hotel. Porter service available [free of charge]
Online Check in is offered to all of our guests, through their mobiles/ tablets/desktop, prior to arrival. However, our Reception staff will be glad to provide you with all necessary information and/or concierge services, prior to your arrival or even during your stay at the hotel.
All Suites at Cori Rigas Suites offer a terrace or balcony with your own private sitting. All of them are accessed via outdoor corridors. Guests do not have to use any elevators or indoor areas in order to reach their Suite/Reception/Bar of the Hotel.
Room service is offered free of charge to all of our guests from 08:00am - 23:00pm at the privacy of their suites/terraces
- Increased cleaning & hygiene protocols are in place, adjusted to health authorities instructions
Cori Rigas Suites, is glad to welcome guests again from May 15th 2021! Offering the perfect combination of a tranquil environment & location, enjoy the stunning views to the Caldera cliffs and the sunset!
HOW WE HANDLE COVID-19 AT CORI RIGAS SUITES
At Cori Rigas Suites the wellbeing of our colleagues, guests & partners is our utmost priority. In order to secure that we have set up procedures, plans and routines related to COVID-19. We keep a close eye on the developments, following the guidelines of local health authorities.
HOW TO HELP US MAINTAIN A SAFE ENVIRONMENT DURING YOUR STAY
KEEP DISTANCE – We keep a min. 2m distance, both from guests & colleagues.
WASH & SANITIZE HANDS – Wash hands frequently & use sanitizer. Sanitizers are available in public areas for guests & colleagues as well as in every Suite.
CHECK IN PROCEDURE – Online check-in is available for all guests prior to arrival. The check-in time is altered to 15:00pm. Our porter will be glad to welcome you at the drop off point, after your prior contact with us, in order to lead the way to the Hotel and carry your luggage. Our Reception staff will be at your disposal upon arrival, to offer any information, concierge services, advice you may need.
BREAKFAST – We serve breakfast on your terrace, daily from 08:00am – 11:00am. You will be able to place your order the night before [by 23:00pm] either by e-mail or phone call to the Reception.
HOUSEKEEPING – Special cleaning protocols are in place and followed by our housekeeping staff. Daily cleaning service is provided, on request. A steam cleaner & sanitizing liquid is used on all surfaces. All bedsheets, towels, etc. used, are handled with all necessary precautions.
AIR CONDITIONING – Meticulous cleaning of A/C filters takes place after every departure. All windows are screened for natural ventilation.
SWIMMING POOL– Close monitor of chlorine & pH is in place during opening times. Our pool area & private hot tubs are sanitized multiple times in a day, according to local authorities’ instructions. Usage of a pool towel on sunbeds is obligatory.
CHECK OUT PROCEDURE – You are requested to vacate your room by 11:00am On the day of your departure, our porter will collect your luggage [not personal items], from OUTSIDE your Suite and either store them in a locked luggage room or carry them to your
taxi/transfer service driver.
- You are strongly requested to let the Reception staff know IMMEDIATELY of any symptoms you might experience. Our staff is trained to act fast, according to local authorities’ instructions
- Medical kit can be found at the Reception area [incl. laser thermometer, protective equipment, gloves, single-use masks]. Single-use masks & gloves can also be found in your room.
- All first-response phone numbers [hotel doctor, hospital, taxi station] are available in your Suite for you to use in case of emergency.
- We will keep a record of personal data like address, telephone number, e-mail address, name & surname, nationality, check in & check out dates, according to Health Authorities, in order to protect public health & track contacts in case it is needed.
- Unregistered guests/friends/family not staying at the Hotel, ARE NOT ALLOWED in the Hotel’s premises, under no circumstances.
- Usage of a mask when visiting medical facilities, using public means of transport & transfer services are required during your stay in Greece.
Public Spaces indoors & outdoors
Cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including: front desk, doorman desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys, stair handrails, dining surfaces and seating areas. Antiseptic devices (portable or fixed) will be available for guests at the reception desk.
Cleaning and sanitizing protocols are followed to clean guest rooms, particular attention is paid to high-touch items including: telephones, television remote controls, toilet seats, door and furniture handles, light switches, temperature control panels, luggage racks, garbage bins and floors.
It will be highly recommended to all guests to exclusively use their in-room WCs, instead of the public ones.
Guests will be asked upon check in if daily housekeeping will be needed.
All bed linen and towels will be changed upon guests’ requirements and washed at a high temperature, in accordance with NPHO guidelines.
Shared Equipment will be sanitized before, during and after each shift or usage. This includes: phones, keyboards, computers and other communication devices, payment terminals, kitchen implements, Food & Beverage equipment such coffee machines etc. engineering tools, cleaning equipment, security keys and any other direct contact items used throughout the property.
The maintenance and cleaning of Air Conditioning is completed according to NPHO protocols.
Guests will be advised for physical distancing of at least 1.5m away from other groups of people who are not traveling with them, while standing at reception, circulating around the property or using elevators. No more than one guest will be permitted per elevator.
Pool Operation according to Cleaning & Sanitizing Protocol
Only outdoor swimming pools in hotels are allowed to operate, according to the current Greek legal framework. The layout of seats on swimming pool decks (sunbeds, chairs, sun loungers, etc.) should be such, so that the distance between the ends of the seats of two people under two different umbrellas is at least 2 meters in each direction.
Our employees have been given clear instructions on how to promptly respond and report all cases suspicious of being related to COVID-19 on the property. Employees are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well.
Training: All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols. More detailed training has been conducted to front-line teams having frequent contact with our guests, such as Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Front Office and Maintenance personnel.
Temperature Checks: Regular temperature checks to all employees. In case of a reported temperature higher than 37c, the employee will immediately be asked to go and stay home.
Rapid Tests: All staff are required to undergo at least one rapid test per week by a healthcare professional or occupational doctor based on the instructions of the Hellenic National Public Health Organization for the control of COVID-19.
Hand Washing: Personal hygiene and frequent handwashing with soap is vital (every 60 minutes and with a duration of at least 20 seconds).
Protective Equipment: All employees will be provided a mask. Front-line teams are required to always wear that mask while on duty. Gloves will be provided to the Housekeeping, Front Office, Security and Food & Beverage teams.
Physical Distancing & Protection: Internal meetings such as line-up meetings, department heads morning meetings etc., will be conducted virtually till further notice. Employees will be constantly reminded to not touch their faces and to keep physical distance of at least 1.5 m away from guests and other employees.
Medical Kit: A complete medical kit will be available at the Hotel Manager's office
Suppliers of Goods & Services: Contractors and suppliers of goods and services should follow similar Health & Safety Measures.
No access to contractors or suppliers is allowed within the hotel. All goods should be delivered at the entrance of the hotel's receiving area. Items should be sanitized prior to inhouse dispatch.
COVID-19 Advice for travellers | 21.04.2021
On the 31st December 2019, the World Health Organization was informed of a cluster of pneumonia of unknown cause in Wuhan in Hubei province, China. On January 9th, 2020, a novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) was identified as a cause. Corona viruses are a group of viruses that usually cause respiratory infections of varying severity to humans and animals. It is estimated that almost one third of infections of the upper respiratory system in humans can be caused by coronaviruses.
The overwhelming majority of cases have been reported in China. The novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) is transmitted from human-to-human. Transmission has also been documented in health professionals. Infection caused by the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) can manifest with fever, cough, and shortness of breath, sore throat and in serious cases with pneumonia.
Confirmed cases have been reported worldwide, in Asia, the Middle East, Europe as well as in the United States of America, Canada and Australia. According to the World Health Organization there are present travel restrictions in effect.
Advice for travellers
European governments have taken various restrictive measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus and to protect lives. The situation is changing fast and so is the response by Member States of the European Union. For more information concerning the measures taken by each Member State, visit https://reopen.europa.eu/en. It is recommended that travellers avoid nonessential travel to areas with presumed ongoing community. Vaccines have been developed to combat the pandemic worldwide.
If you are travelling to areas with presumed ongoing community transmission of COVID-19 you should:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or a disinfectant, especially after coughing or sneezing, before handling and consuming food.
- Avoid contact with animals (dead or alive), meat markets and meat products (such as raw meat).
- Avoid visiting live bird and animal markets.
- Avoid contact with patients who appear ill with respiratory symptoms.
During your stay in areas with presumed ongoing community transmission of COVID-19 you should:
- Postpone your trip if you have fever and/or respiratory symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or with your elbow (not with your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid contact with other people if you have fever and/or respiratory symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath.
After your return from areas with presumed ongoing community transmission of COVID-19:
- Monitor your health closely for 14 days.
- If you develop fever and/or respiratory symptoms such as shortness of breath or cough 14 days after you have returned, it is recommended that you stay indoors and immediately seek medical attention, mentioning your recent trip, or contact the National Public Health Organization (210-5212000, 210-5212054).
Travel by Ferry
According to the new safety measures issued by the Greek Maritime Ministry, all passengers need to carry with them before boarding:
- Ferry ticket printed or in e-ticket format.
- Passport or National ID card
- Health Status questionnaire - completed
- Face mask
Travel by Airplane
In accordance with the guidelines of the national health authorities, the meticulous observance of rules for hand washing / sanitizing and for respiratory hygiene, the use of face masks, physical distance keeping, very good cleaning and sanitizing of spaces and surfaces, especially of those frequently hand touched, are the basis for the protection of passengers and employees at Athens International Airport. Passengers travelling on domestic or international flights should bear in mind the following:
- Entrance in the Main Terminal Building and the airport premises is permitted to ticketed passengers only. Exceptions exist for specific cases (escorted minors, escorted passengers with disabilities).
- The use of face masks is obligatory after entering the airport terminal; the mask will be kept throughout the passenger’s stay in the airport areas (Joint Ministerial Decision of May17th, Gov. Gazette Bulletin 1869/Δ1α/ΓΠ.οικ.30612). Children under the age of 6 as well as those with respiratory problems are excluded. Passengers should also be aware that they may be asked to temporarily remove their mask during security and identity check processes.
- The use of face masks is also obligatory during boarding, as well as during the flight. It is recommended to change the face mask every 4 hours or in the case of the face mask being wet or soiled. Make sure you have enough quantity for your entire trip.
- Airport employees are equipped with all personal protection items (masks, gloves, sanitizing liquids), which they are using at all times during their work.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available in over 300 spots at the airport, including bathrooms and restrooms, for use by the passengers during the departure and arrival processes.
- Polycarbonate panels are used for additional protection during the provision of services conducted in direct contact with employees (ticket desks, information counters, etc.).
- Keeping distances is mainly a behavioural measure for passengers and airport staff, and a distance of 1.5 metres should be kept during all phases of the travelling processes on ground. Special signage is placed on floor surfaces alerting the public on this necessity, which is also communicated through airport screens and banners.
- Passengers are encouraged to select e-services options prior to their departure to the airport (web check-in) as well as within the airport areas (web check-in, self check-in, baggage tag printing, drop off baggage, e-parking).
- Seating in all waiting areas has been rearranged, in order to allow for minimum distances to be kept. It is recommended that one seat be left vacant next to each seated passenger. Families or couples travelling together do not have to keep this distance.
- The air-conditioning system in the airport facilities provides fresh, renewed, and top-down recycled air, in order to limit the horizontal air circulation. Furthermore, the air is filtered for dust, viruses and bacteria or fungi, through special filters.
For more information, call the 4-digt number 1572 or visit the website of the Ministry of Tourism https://mintour.gov.gr/.